I hope everyone enjoyed Christmas; December brought with it some interesting progress for us. Here’s the gist of it:
• The development build is now running smoothly on an iphone 4, we’re still trying to muster up iphone 3 support.
• The game’s 3rd person control scheme has been implemented. Complete with independent facing and moving directions, along with movement speeds which vary based on the correlation of said directions.
• Zombie’s now have functional pathing and will make their way round obstacles to feast on the protagonist’s delicious delicious brains.
• The protagonist can now kill zombies via ranged attack and the zombies will happily return the favour if they’re allowed to get close enough.
• Hedjeroo has pretty much finished digitally painting each of the protagonists’ full portraits in glorious colour. I’m resisting the urge to put these up and show them off for now.
We’ll now be directing our efforts to the core art assets of the game. Hedjeroo will be turning her attention to the games UI whilst I work on the character models+animations and Andy focuses on the props+level design.
Both myself and Andy are fairly new to blender having been trained in 3ds Max so if anyone out there has any tips on easing the transition they’d be more than welcome.
I’m going to hold back on any screenshots or pictures of the game until we’ve got our core assets in, (Our placeholders really don’t make for a pretty sight).
Sadly it’s looking like we’ll have to push back our release date but things are speeding up now so we’ll see.